About Brad Lehrman
Direct Dial: (952) 382-7080
Brad Lehrman is an entrepreneurial venture attorney, focusing on business law, securities law and finance strategy for private emerging technology growth companies. After many years as a business advisor (Portage Capital), a venture capital fund manager (Portage Equity Investments), a board member and a business lawyer, he now leverages his unique business and legal perspectives to counsel and advocate for the Soffer Charbonnet clients.
Brad counsels a broad array of companies with products and services, in software, medical devices, biotech and health sciences, telecommunications, publishing, semiconductor technology and information technology.
As an insightful business man who just happens to be an attorney, Brad knows how to assemble the right team to help an emerging business develop and grow. He is able to create a team of Soffer Charbonnet attorneys with corporate finance, securities, licensing and other legal expertise to serve each client’s particular needs. He offers not only legal services, but an overall business strategy that fosters his clients’ growth.
Brad has lectured extensively on business and legal issues associated with venture capital, corporate finance and business law at the University of Minnesota Business & Law Schools and University of St. Thomas MBA program.
Brad has dedicated a significant portion of his professional career to community issues. He is currently serving on the Board of Trustees of the Minneapolis Jewish Community Center, Round Earth Media, World without Genocide, and the Minnesota Interfaith Darfur Coalition. He is a member of the Minnesota Venture Capital Association, the Minnesota Bar Association, and serves on the Regional Economic Accelerator Program ( REAP ) task force. He is a founder of MOJO MN—a unique Co-Op founded to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship in the region. He also has serves as a judge for the Minnesota Cup (state-wide business plan competition),and TEKNE awards (sponsored by MN High Tech Association)
Classes or Lectures
- U/MN Law School—Senior fellow of Business Innovation and Human Rights—since 2013
- U/MN Carlson School of Business — Guest lecturer for finance and entrepreneurship classes, 2010-2014
- Minnesota CUP – Judge for University of Minnesota sponsored state-wide business plan competition, 2005 – 2014
- Start UP America—-White house panel expert on innovation and entrepreneurship, 2011
- MN Governor Job Summit—Panel expert on job creation and innovation. 2011
- Minnesota CLE Faculty – “Practical Aspects of Securities Law,”2008, 2009
- Minnesota CLE Faculty— “Venture Financing”—Computer Law Institute–2012
- Co Founder, MOJO MN, an innovation Co-OP
- MN Gopher Angel Fund, Founding Board Member
- Minneapolis Jewish Community Center, Board Member
- World Without Genocide, Founding Board Member
- Round Earth Media, Founding Board Member
- The Minnesota Cup, Judge
- TEKNE Awards, Judge
- Minnesota’s Military Appreciation Fund (MMAF), Past Board Member
- Minnesota Advocates for Human Rights, Past Board Member 2002–2010
- Adath Synagogue, Past Board Member 2005-2010
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Venture Capital Association
- General Counsel to unique professional work space company as alternative to existing shared office facilities.
- General Counsel to emergence room software company enhancing efficiency and reducing wait times in ER depts.
- General Counsel to medical device company eliminating clots due to deep vein thrombotic risk
- General Counsel to medical device company creating a sideline diagnostic device for concussions
- General Counsel to newly formed Angel Fund in Southern MN
- General Counsel to technology company with software and hardware to reduce highway collisions due to impaired drivers